Semco Teak Sealer Application Instructions
Be sure that new teak has weathered for at least two weeks or has been washed with a strong soap and is completely dry before sealing.
Ensure you stir the contents of the tin thoroughly, and keep mixing throughout the application process.
1. Apply the sealer using a plastic spray bottle, brush, foam brush or cloth depending on the situation. Avoid applying Semco in direct sunlight or extreme heat. There is no need to be concerned about brush strokes or lap marks.
2. The first coat will dry in under an hour.
3. The second coat must be applied on the same day, wiping off any excess sealer after about twenty minutes. The table will be dry to touch after a couple of hours and usable the following day.
After cleaning and sealing with Semco Teak Sealer the first time, an occasional cleaning with soap and water and a single fresh coat of Semco Teak Sealer applied seasonally will keep your teak looking great for years to come.
1. Clean the teak with mild detergent to remove soil. If any stains remain, sand lightly with fine sandpaper to remove the mark.
2. Ensure that the wood is completely dry before applying the sealer.
3. Apply a single coat of sealer using a plastic spray bottle, brush, foam brush or cloth. Apply liberally and wipe off the excess with a cloth.
If water dashed on the surface beads up, then the Semco Teak Sealer is still working and does not need recoating. Avoid applying Semco Teak Sealer too often as the finish will build up and mask the the grain of the wood. A harsh environment or higher usage may shorten the intervals of maintenance required.
One coat should be sufficient for most re-coat applications.